Friday, August 18, 2006

I was listening, the other day, to a report about the shutdown of a Seattle port because of some "suspicious freight" from Pakistan. Apparently the cargo triggered two bomb dogs to react. So federal authorities, along with a bomb squad, tore the shipping containers open and found what was on the cargo manifest: oily rags from Pakistan. There were no explosives. Apparently, these rags are used in "industry" (sorry, no details on how or what for provided).

In the U.S., the majority of our goods are imported, and a lot of our labor outsourced, but this particular imported item beats all I've heard of--dirty, oily rags? C'mon America, certainly you can manufacture your own dirty, oily rags! In fact, I'm willing to donate a box full of dirty, oily rags from my basement to the cause. One has to draw a line in the sand somewhere! I think we, as citizens, should write our respective congressperson and insist No more dirty oily rags from Pakistan--Buy American!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home