Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Today it's your birthday, it's my birthday too, yeah. . .

Today is my birthday, and I really don't see anything to celebrate. President Bush is ignoring congress, going cowboy, and saber-rattling against Iran. This madness is unfathomable. Sometimes I think, when I am in the depths of despair, because he is super devote evangelical Christian, that he is trying to effect "the end days." Not that I think all evangelical Christians are praying for this, but there is a certain "nut factor" in their camp (as well as any other religion's--I read a couple of months ago about Buddhist monks having a rumble in the streets), and I think Bush may have "drank the Koolaid." (For people not familiar with this reference, this phrase refers to Jim Jones and his cult which, in the 1970s, committed mass suicide by drinking Koolaid spiked with cyanide--900 souls died). Even Arlen Spector (R) admonished the president by stating "you are not the sole decision maker." I hope congress develops a spine. Especially after seeing CNN's interview with Dick Cheney, in which he stated that things were great in Iraq--that the media hypes the "bad stories." Well, around 50 people dying a day from bombs decidedly is a "bad story," but it is reality, something Cheney seems to be disconnected from. He, unfortunately, reminded me of Hitler in his bunker during the fall of Berlin telling his staff that the German war effort was going great as the Russians overan the city, and old men and young boys were put on the front line, basically as cannon fodder.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i do adore your blog. the format is very aesthetically pleasing, and i really dig your font.

as i read it, i can hear my mom saying "liberal whacko" in my head! you're so political and i'm so apathetic--i think that's the one major area of disconnect between us.

oh well. there had to be something, eh?

Fri Feb 02, 08:17:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home